Loading... Please wait...

Ladies' Dress

  • AC6053
Calculated at checkout

Product Description

Size: 44" bust, 32" waist, 51-1/2" hips.

This pattern was published by The McCall Pattern Company. Originally the pattern was described as "Ladies' Dress; two styles of sleeve; four-piece tunic; high or regulation waistline; two-piece foundation, lengthened by one-piece lower section; round or shorter length." Minimal directions. Pattern dates circa 1913-1914.

Suggested fabrics: Embroidered marquisette, linen, eyelet embroidery, silk, satin, chiffon, and bordered material. The colors were pale cream, khakis, deep brown, green, rose, blues and stripes.

Materials required: 6-3/8 Yds. 36" wide.

This Vintage Revivals pattern is only one size; the original size. The pattern envelope, instructions and pattern pieces are unedited. The older the pattern the more likely it is to have limited instructions. This pattern is printed on blue line paper and packaged in plastic.

Find Similar Products by Category

Write your own product review

Product Reviews

  1. Well worth the effort. 5 Star Review

    Posted by on 13th Jul 2014

    My first time working with a pattern from this era. The terminology is different from current patterns, and assumes you will know to do some things. The part of the original page describing the pieces had been torn when it was copied for this, so I cut it apart to align the words. The one page of instructions [especially the front closure and attaching the bodice to the skirt] had me confused, [Near the end of the instructions, it says to make a slit under the left front pleat for the opening, but never mentions binding the raw edges. Finally thought to pull out Janet Arnold's Patterns of Fashion 2, which clarified much.] The pattern pieces fit together very precisely, even the sleeves fit without easing. I used a striped fabric, the stripes will not be vertical in back, but it looks very nice. The bodice front is longer and fuller for the pigeon-breasted look. There is no pattern for the sash shown in the drawing. Sorry I can't share a picture here. It was challenging [ie: a real stinker] to assemble, but it looks great!